Sunday, November 15, 2009

From Too Much to Clutch

OK, So I know it has been awhile - but midterm season was so busy I didn't have time to update, let alone craft.

This is a project I did during the summer. Going through my summer clothes & accessories proved that a few of my past favs were out of style - especially my purses. I especially didn't want to get rid of one purse, as I still loved the shabby chic pattern a lot. However the over-sized hobo bag was an odd shape and no longer chic, but rather outdated - just too much!


Since the summer included a lot of bar hopping, and the need for clutches, I decided to upgrade this too-much, overdone purse to a chic clutch.


Difficult Level: Easy

Materials

- over-sized/outdated handbag that you still love dearly
- thimble
- needle and thread
- scissors
- pins


Directions

1. Literally fold handbag hem up to desired clutch shape and pin in place.

2. Sew folded edge to the back of the purse - make sure not to sew the actual purse shut!

3. Cut the handles of the purse off but leave about two inches of handle to fold inside.

4. Sew the two inches of handles straight down into the inside of the clutch.

So the back isn't that chic (keep that part close under your arm) and show off the pretty, non-folded side.


No comments:

Post a Comment