Monday, October 19, 2009

Sweetheart Baby Hat


I was tired of knitting scarves - one of the simpler items to knit, just knitting row after row of solid color yarn back and forth.

Luckily my Mom is a super-knitter and helped me cure my scarf woes by giving me circular needles to replace my straight bamboo pair.

How to solve the solid color problem? Bernat Baby Jacquards yarn is adorable and self-striping.

Difficulty Level: Hard

Materials

- Self-striping yarn = $1.75 (available at your local craft store).
- 16'' size 5 circular needle
- Double-pointed size 5 bamboo needles.
- Scissors



Directions

This is way easier to make than it looks! The directions for this project are a bit lengthy though, so click here for the full deets!

Don't know how to cast on? Get started with this video.


I gave the finished project to my stepsister @ her baby shower! It made a great gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment